Tuesday, June 28, 2016

DD9HW3 Chapter 15 Digital Social Media

DD9HW3 Chapter 15 Digital Social Media

Text Message To Friend:

Where u at? Just landed. Let me know where to meet u.

Text Message To Co-Worker:

Bill, this is Shane. My flight just landed and I was wondering where I should meet you. Heading to baggage claim right now.

Differences:

In the text message to my friend you could clearly tell that we were comfortable enough to misspell words and be extremely informal. While on the other hand, when texting my co worker you could clearly tell that me and that person did not have the same relationship. When texting my friend i knew i would not be judged for the way i typed and i knew that i could say whatever and my friend would be cool with it. My co worker i felt as if i needed to watch what i said since he is part of a formal business environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment