Saturday, June 18, 2016

DD5HW4 Project #1

DD5HW4 Project #1

Final Project:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AirWb-1m77AxJE-Vl6hfFicr8u2AO4XGFQt0UU0_KK8/edit#

Rhetorical Situation:

The focused goal of my project was to make it easier for my "employees" of my company to learn how to navigate places easier since our job entails a ton of traveling. Being able to place markers, measure distances, add directions, and so much more allows my employees to have a great understanding and completive edge on how to get places faster and easier. This document will just be in pdf form and can be used on any mobile device, computer, or it could even be printed out. Making it a pdf just seemed like the best option for my employees to do with it as they please. In all of my instruction manuals you could tell that the purpose of each was to be direct and to teach my employees the basics about google maps. 


    Project:
    • What are you most proud of in the entire project? Why?
      • I am most proud of the way my project looks and sounds. It looks very professional in my eyes and when something looks good it makes the audience reading it a ton more engaged then if it would look trashy. Secondly I think my project sounds formal and professional and Im proud of that because thats what i was really trying to go for from the very begging. 
    • What do you wish you had time to further expand, include, or revise in the project?
      • I wish i had more time to include other ways of how to create a map for example like how to use the measure feature, add directions, and add a line feature. I also wanted to talk about the different layers you could use and the different base images you could use. These are all pretty big components of how to use and create the maps but there is no way that i could of fit everything into my instructions with a two page limit that i had.
    • When and where did you get stuck while working on the project? How did you overcome your problem?
      • I got stuck mostly on what to do next? When i say that i meant i didn't know what would be my other two instructions. It took me a while to pick two instructions that i thought were necessary to explaining how to use. 
    Learning:
    • What technologies did you use to complete this project? Why were they appropriate? What processes did you take to learn the technology application/s? What did you learn? What more you hope to learn in the future? How/why might you use the technology application/s again?
      • I used my computer and google drive to help me complete this project. When looking over google maps i had no idea there was a create a map feature in the first place. So when going over all of that i learned so much that could use in the future since i plan on becoming an uber driver and i will be driving all over the place. 
    • Discuss at least three of the course outcomes you feel you worked towards with this assignment. Provide evidence of your learning by pointing to specific aspects of the project.
      • One of the course outcomes i feel i worked towards in this assignment is to know my audience and know who i am writing to. In my projects draft my purpose and audience was all over the place and finally after a long time i got it down right to where i wanted it. Secondly being a good team player and communicating with classmates is another goal i put towards in this project. I took peoples feedback on my own project and gave feedback on other peoples projects with respect and wiliness to change my work. Last but not least Critique and use flexible strategies for reading, drafting, reviewing, collaborating, revising, rewriting, rereading, and editing using a variety of technologies. I did this throughout my paper and reviewed my work over 5 times to make sure i got it just right.
    • Discuss at least one personal course goal you feel you worked towards with this assignment. Provide evidence of your learning by pointing to specific aspects of the project. 
      • One of my personal goals was to make sure that no matter what the assignment was that i put each and everything i have in each assignment i do and thats what i did on this assignment. I really made sure that i didn't cut any corners and put my best work forward. 
    • What did you learn about yourself as a technical writer?
      • I learned that i am actually not as bad of a writer as i thought i was which really surprised me. I say this because coming into this class i thought i would struggle a lot and my work wouldn't make any sense but after reading my assignments i am impressed with myself. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment