Saturday, June 18, 2016

DD5HW2 Proofreading

DD5HW2 Proofreading

What i noticed when proofreading my instructions on how to create a Google Map is that I am constantly being to vague in my steps. I noticed that i should be more descriptive and add more detail to my steps in order to help my readers understand the processes better. An example of me being to vague was step six in my case when it came off as if the reader was just supposed to know what to do "6.     Go about creating your own map." I know now that after proofreading my instructions this stands out more than anything and i need to add a ton more information to step six in order to make my instructions better. Another example in my instructions where i felt i needed to change around some things was the title description "Open Existing Google Maps." Simple just stating that was enough and i could see that when looking over my paper. Telling the readers more about the instructions at hand with a lot more detail will engage them in the task at hand and will allow them to understand what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment