Tuesday, June 14, 2016

DD3HW1 Chapters 2 & 10

Chapter 2 Question #2

With my current job in IT Support I’ve had employees take my old position as I have been promoted twice. When a new employee took over my old position I made sure that they were ready by telling them the do’s and don’ts of the job ahead of them. If I were going to help a new employee right now with a tricky part of the job, I would help him or her with imaging a Computer. Imaging a computer, to put it in very simple terms, is wiping a computer clean of its memory and software and starting over like a new computer. 

Audience Purpose:

Primary Audience: New Employee 
Secondary Audience: Co-Workers
Relationship with Audience: Co-Worker
Purpose of Document: Instructions for New Employee
Audience and Purpose Statement: Teach New Employees Keys of Job to be Successful
Intended Use of Document: Help Employees with new job at hand
Information Needs: Imaging Computer
Technical Background: IT Support
Cultural Considerations: NA
Probable Questions: Where do I even start? Do I delete the old memory? What operating system should I install?
Probable Reactions: Go through the step-by-step process with the new employee and explain hands on

Audience Preferences About the Statements
Length and Details: A fully laid out step-by-step instructions sheets with pictures and tips on how to start and finish the process
Format and Medium: At the workstation where the computers are imaged pin the instructions for easy access
Tone: Formal Text
Due Date and Timing: As soon as the employee is hired
Budget: NA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10 Digital Media iPhone




There couldn’t be a bigger difference between the User Guide and the Brochure. The User Guide for example is extremely plain, no pictures, and just tons of information on everything you could want to know about the iPhone. The brochure on the other hand doesn’t offer as much information as the User Guide but shows amazing pictures of the products and what an iPhone is capable of. I found the web to be way more useful for the purpose of wanting to buy and the User Guide is great for wanting learn information of what your phone does.

No comments:

Post a Comment