Saturday, June 18, 2016

DD5HW1 Style

DD5HW1 Style

When looking over my original instructions I noticed a lot of little issues in which I could change fairly easy. I noticed these problems after reading over the list of strategies to use in Chapter 11. I decided to pick a strategy out of the five categories listed on the checklist in order to improve my instructions. The first category was Clarity and the strategy i chose from that category was "Does each sentence provide only as much information as readers are able to process easily?" I chose this one because i felt as if some of my sentences didn't provide enough information to my readers to process the instructions easily (example). The second strategy i used was from the Conciseness category and it was "is the piece free of wordiness or needless repetition?" In some of my instructions i repeated some unnecessary steps that might make the readers confused so i decided to take out a couple of sentences which made my instructions sound smoother. Fluency was the third category and the strategy i used was "Are sentences varied in construction and length?" This was an important point to be made because with variation it allows the reader to stay intrigued because when sentences stay the same length it tends to bore the readers. Word Choice was another category on the checklist and a strategy that popped out at me was "Have i reviewed spell check to see if it had produced any errors?" This is probably the first think i should have done before and i totally forgot. When checking spell check I found three mistakes in my paper that i didn't catch with my own eyes. Last but not least Tone was the final category and the strategy I chose was "is the tone appropriate and consistent for the situation and audience?" This idea came in handy because i felt as if my paper had a different tone throughout some of the steps and I needed to keep it consistent throughout.

Tone: Step 6 Go about creating your own map

Word Choice: 4.     Get familiar with toolbar to left of map

No comments:

Post a Comment