Saturday, June 25, 2016

DD8HW9 Reflect

DD8HW9 Reflect

Rhetorical Situation: In this project my audience was towards employees of a company reading a newsletter that was sent out to everybody. The purpose of the newsletter was to show ways of preventing ethical issues from arising when using visualizations. The overall document content was talking about the three ways in which businesses use visualizations to improve there chances of selling products to their customers.

Project:
  • What are you most proud of in the entire project? Why?
    • I am really proud of how my newsletter sounds, I never though that i was a good writer and I am really proud of how good my work sounds at least to me. 
  • What do you wish you had time to further expand, include, or revise in the project?
    • I actually didn't have anyone revise my paper or maybe they did but I am on east coast time and i had to go to bed before I got that chance to see any revisions. Other than that i think i was given adequate time and I didn't think i needed to expand my paper. 
  • When and where did you get stuck while working on the project? How did you overcome your problem?
    • I really got stuck on what subject i wanted to talk about in my paper and it took me a while to come up with business sales. I really thought about subjects that i am interested in and narrowed it down by the subjects that had the most information.
Learning:
  • What technologies did you use to complete this project? Why were they appropriate? What processes did you take to learn the technology application/s? What did you learn? What more you hope to learn in the future? How/why might you use the technology application/s again?
    • I used the Arizona Libraries and of course the Internet to complete this project. This was appropriate because I know that these were the assigned ways of how to complete this project. I will be using the Arizona Libraries resources for the next couple months until i graduate but with this resource it allows me to have endless amounts of information to help me with projects to come.
  • Discuss at least three of the course outcomes you feel you worked towards with this assignment. Provide evidence of you're learning by pointing to specific aspects of the project.
    • I critiqued and used flexible strategies to revise my paper to make it the best newsletter i could right. Secondly reflection on my paper i got to see how and where I thought that i did well and did poorly on my paper. Thirdly i got to understand ethical issues like the back of my hand which will allow me and help me to be more careful about things in the future. 
  • Discuss at least one personal course goal you feel you worked towards with this assignment. Provide evidence of you're learning by pointing to specific aspects of the project. 
    • Being able to clearly write and analyze my work is very important to me and important to be successful in this course. I really did this when going over my first draft and it helped me to understand where i went wrong in my paper and allowed me to fix my mistakes.
  • What did you learn about yourself as a technical writer?
    • I learned that i can really write! I feel as if I am learning something new everyday and i am becoming a better writer because of it. Writing a newsletter wasn't as hard as i thought it was and i really think that it was easier because i am becoming more knowledgeable of what i am writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment